Custom Search

ad

Best Article Headline Animator

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Kreutz read to go after Achilles surgery

BOURBONNAIS, Ill. -- Chicago Bears center Olin Kreutz, who's coming off Achilles surgery, expects to be on the field when the Bears open practice Friday afternoon.

"Yeah, I'm ready to go," he said Thursday as the team reported to camp. "I should be out there for Day 1, if everything goes as planned. I'm ready to go, and hopefully the foot feels better."

The 33-year-old Kreutz admitted the rehab was tougher at this stage of his career.

"It's probably a little tougher in your 13th year, but everybody has a rough time when you have surgery," he said. "So I did the rehab I had to do and I'm trying to get back."

Jeff Dickerson covers the Bears for ESPNChicago.com and ESPN 1000.

No comments:

Post a Comment